January 11, 2004
Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true
That's from Little Mermaid. I was talking to Steffi the other day and we couldn't remember how it went. Then, suddenly, it popped into my head. Yes, indeedy. So, there it is, to be saved for ever and ever by me.

Speaking about speaking to people on my swim team the other day- I was talking to Emily Weigel about revenge, and she said that justice is a form of revenge. I disagreed then, but now I'm thinking she was right. Like, if Person1 goes to court for killing PersonA- Person1 is given a lifetime in prison and that's fulfulling their revenge- isn't it? Like if the family of PersonA was very made at Person1, then wouldn't they be satisfied if he never saw the outside of his prison walls. So, sure, that's revenge, right? But that's justice, too. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court doesn't deal with people usually, just events, so that's not giving out revenge. No one wanted revenge on the Arkansas school board when the case Emmerson vs. Arkansaswas fighting about evolution. Sorry, that's the first supreme court case that popped into mind.
And if a teenager gets a parking ticket, and has to pay however much a parking ticket is, that's not revenge, but it's not justice, either. They most likely didn't do anything to anyone, they just parked for too long in a certain spot. It's teaching them a lesson, of some sort. Maybe, or maybe it's just the city getting money. I don'r know. I'm running myself in circles. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me what you think. comment!

** humming my own little tune at 7:06:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics