February 16, 2004
I'm not crazy
I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me

That song was playing at the base of Keystone this morning. And (believe it or not) I couldn't remember who it was by, so I typed in a line of the lyrics at Google, and low and behold, not only did they have the artist, but also the rest of the lyrics, the CD name, and the date it was written. Matchbox 20, fyi. ANYWAY, that song isn't supposed to have any meaning to it, I just have it in my head.
I think this has been one of the best weekends of my life. Porque? you say. Well, I say, Isn't it nice that I have a list?
  1. OF COURSE, I didn't have school on Friday. Wow. It was amazing. I love having days off school. It makes things so much easier. Then, you have something to look forward to, too. I think Spring Break is coming up in a month or so.....
  2. Sarah's suprise party at Luca Luca's at Pearl Street. Bunch of fun people I wish I knew better. AHHH I love Italian
  3. Friday the 13th, that was slightly exciting.
  4. State Swimming Prelims! Of course, I love all swim meets, so just the fact we had one, counts as a point towards "best weekend ever"
  5. STATE SWIMMING PRELIMS! (deja vu in capitals) Another point because, well, it was State. And I got my best time in the 100 back, I beat Erica Brown for the 4th time running (which is nice, but we're friendly rivals. See Feb. 8 post. I kinda wanted to go a 1:02 but a 1:03.33 will work for me any day. Oh, and Congrats to Katherine, she managed a 1:03.1
  6. Very fun dinner out with the team at Panino's in Fort Collins. AHHHHH I love Italian (deja vu squared)
  7. STATE SWIMMING FINALS!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. That was the most exciting thing I've been to in my life. It was wonderful. It is truly impossible to describe. We were going in a very far away 2nd place, Cherry Creek was whoopin' us. Yes, tensions were definitely very high, and it was really the last relay that decided. And we were behind in the relay, too, for a while. Emily heard me cuss for the first time (it wasn't the first time I swore, it was just the first time she heard me...) ANYWAY, Thanks to 2 wonderful swims by Sarah Fisher, 3 fabulous relays (placing 2nd, 1st, 1st), a suprise 100 fly by Anna Vahna, Kristen Lahey in general, Emily Weigel, Tory Webster (my new hero), Fort Collins (I do think my diplomatic mission helped. Ask me about that.), Meili Carpenter, Mara Abbott (who gets the sympathy award of the year), Bailey Thompson (23.9!!!), and that heritage girl beating that creek girl in breastroke, and of course the lovely cheering squad which was infinite times better than Creek's cheering squad (which didn't exist 'til the last relay) WE WON!!!!!! Feel free read the Daily Cameraor The Denver Post. Ahh, how completely wonderful.
  8. Dinner at Red Robins, with the State Champions. That was great fun, too, although I was at the end of a rather unfortunate joke having to do with a Crispy Fish burger and Emily Weigel. BAH! I knew it all along, in my subconsciousness. Ask me about that, too.
  9. Wonderfuly skiing at Keystone yesterday and today. They got 2 inches over night, which helped a huge amount, and it was just a wonderland. We were skiing in the trees, and for a while I could've sworn we were surrounded by miles of uninhabited trees without hundreds of people waiting at the lift below. AHHH GOOD TIMES
  10. And then, of course, there is this cool list, which, if you didn't notice, as roman numerals, of which I am a huge fan. =)

I would like to conclude, before my time is up, with a heartfelt thank you to my whole swim team, which as made this winter incredible beyond reason. May the Force be with all of them.

** humming my own little tune at 5:02:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics