April 28, 2004
Now I'm the king of the swingers
Oh, the jungle VIP
I've reached the top and had to stop
And that's what botherin' me

I'm curious, do high school students still have role-models? People they want to be like, they want to impress, etc.? I know I certainly do, but then again, I consider myself different. Does Carey or Megan or Lauren have peopele they look up to? Adults they respect? Sure, there's the world-famous athletes people admire- Lance Armstrong, Ian Thorpe, Peekabo Street. Then there's the actresses that people "connect with"- Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, Viggo Mortenson. But do teenagers remember their extraordinary 1st grade teacher? Or spend a few minutes thinking about their swim-coach of years ago, or middle-school mentor(s)? Do they ever think "when I grow up, I wanna be like......"?
Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You'll see it's true
An ape like me
Can learn to be human too


** humming my own little tune at 9:55:00 AM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics