August 31, 2004
I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin',
Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world,
Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin',
Heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin',
Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin',
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

The Republican convention has officially nominated George W. Bush for a second term. Wouldn't be a funny twist of events if they DIDN'T nominate Bush, they just picked some guy? I think that would be funny. OR: what if Bush didn't accept the nomination. He said "You know, it was fun while it lasted, but I don't deserve this country"? That would open a few mouths. But, as reported, he as two days to have speech prepared, and then it's Kerry v. Bush. Ohhh boy. The Royal Banner (FHS newspaper) wants to get really into the election. We'll see how that goes over with the students. Mind you, Fairview is a very liberal school considering it's in CO, but there are the Republicans that are perfectly willing to make an arguement. I wonder if there are any Republicans on the Newspaper staff.....as I said, that will be interesting. =)

As I junior, you think you know most of the people you're going to be friends with. But, due to my schedule, I have made 3 new friends already. I'm just so friendly, you have NO idea. =) Maron is my Spanish-buddy, we'll survive somehow. I don't get Spanish. Our ciriculum is so weird- we don't learn how to speak, we learn how to spell. And the teacher's certainly aren't top-notch. All the science-department teachers are better than the language-department teacher, I think. The English-department is pretty good, too. But hardley ANYONE likes their language class. I mean, there are a few people who excel at it and like it. But Margo is great at languages, and she doesn't like Spanish class. More people like Latin class than anything else- I think. Mrs. Gebert is supposed to be great, so that's probably it. Latin, however, doesn't appeal to me. I would rather be able to communicate with people than be able to show off a dead-language. Not that spanish class teaches me how to communicate. But that's what I started my tirade with, so nevermind. No, actually, I started with meeting people. Got it.


** humming my own little tune at 8:13:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics