August 11, 2004
Leah and I had a very in depth conversation today (see below) The most important part was something along the lines of.....

Me: And I guess I didn't know that Sprite was a major liquid source a few million years ago.
Leah: Well, now Kristen. Haven't you seen the commercials? Obey your thirst? Our species evolved to drink Sprite! Why, we were relying on Sprite before we were walking upright!
Me: Gosh! Suddenly it is all clear!
Leah: You might THINK your thirst is for water, but clearly (as the commercial says), your biological need for liquid is for Sprite.
Me: I say we revolt against the traitorous 7-up company
Leah: No, revolt is going too far. There are those who say that 7-up is just a different strain of Sprite. Like, maybe one of the continents split off from the others and 7-up evolved.
Leah: See - now you're getting it! Advertising is full of very important information.
Me: Like how, in fact, Subaru cars are ACTUALLY controlled by someone sitting inside-- hence "driven by what's inside"?

Leah: No, Subarus are driven by Lance Armstrong. He's inside.
Me: I can't do this Leah! It's too hard for me
Leah: Keep trying, grasshopper.
Me: and what about Sierra Mist and Safeway "Lemon Lime Soda"?
Leah: Yeah, I knew you were going to bring those up. I can't explain them. They aren't advertised heavily enough.
Me: :-)
Me: why did you just call me a grasshopper?
Leah: When one is learning an ancient martial art, e.g. karate, one's mentor calls one a grasshopper. It's based on ancient Chinese tradition.
Leah: Or maybe I just saw it on Karate Kid.
Me: Good movie, that is
Leah: Yes.
Me: but the 2nd and 3rd aren't great
Leah: No. Really, the only one that I've learned any karate from is the first one.
Me: wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off
Me: it's even helpful in waxing cars!
Leah: hahaha
Leah: I never thought of that!
Me: and it teaches you in the importance of bonsai trees
Leah: I don't remember that part.
Me: you know- the guy is always trimming bonsai trees
Leah: oh. well, you must trim bonsai trees often. and trimming is an art. and art is beautiful. and beauty is important.....I'm not getting anywhere with this.
Me: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever"
Me: let's leave it at that, shall we?
Leah: Wow. The irony is, that statement is beautiful.
Me: Mary Poppins quoted it in "Mary Poppins"
Me: I don't know who said it originally
Leah: I think maybe it was me.
Leah: Speaking about you, of course.
Me: why, thank you
Me: You're too kind, really
Leah: :-) I can't keep claiming all of the glory for myself!
Me: of course you can-- after all, you wouldn't want some wanna-be stealing your credit
Leah: you know, you're right! I was speaking about myself. "A thing of beauty - like me - is a joy forever - like me."
Me: I think I'll start saying that more often
Leah: But you have to alter it. "A thing of beauty - like Leah - is a joy forever - like Leah."
Me: oh, but of course

SEE- I told you Leah was entertaining!

** humming my own little tune at 6:14:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics