October 25, 2004
Everything I am
And everything in me
Wants to be the one
You wanted me to be
I'll never let you down
Even if I could
I'd give up everything
If only for your good
I turn SO red after I swim hard. Really. Beet Red, strawberry red, rose red, red red red red. And I stay that way for a long time, too. My face literally radiates heat. Steffi's car fogged up after I sat in it. It was terrible. =) Ellen reminded me of the Minute Man set during summer league that we would do- our faces got really really red during that. As red as dawn with her rose-colored fingers (to quote Homer). As red as a ripe tomato in September.

California was great fun. I didn't see Caroline, which was a bummer, but she was busy with more important things. Our schedules just didn't mesh. We did visit the Rogge's though. That was great. I think it's important to keep in touch with good friends. I should write them both an email, while I'm think about it. =) We went to the Carmel Beach with them, the water was too cold to go swimming, but we had a marvelous time reminscing while walking in the sand. I love the ocean. The last time I was at the ocean was with the Nichols. Those are old friends, too. Very old. Much older than the Rogge's, but the same concept. Morgan and Hannah seem exactly the same as they did two years ago. Morgan can still control Hannah in a sisterly way, and Hannah goes along with it, but every once in a while she shines through. Morgan is as funny as ever, Hannah hasn't changed her contagious laugh. It made me happy. I'm always kinda sad when we have to leave, though. I don't want to think about when we'll see them next. There's a good chance we'll never see Morganaut and Shrimp. Hannah's name used to be Shrimp- the whole school called her that. Not anymore. I said it once and Angie gave me a nasty look. I think Hannah liked the comment, though.

We also went to the Monterray Aquarium- which was fantastic. Maybe I'll be a marine biologist. Huh. Visiting Stanford made me think about what I'm going to do when I grow up which a) I'm don't like and b) I'm not very good at because it kinda scares me. I think it's odd I still use the term "when I grow up". I think I'll use it for the rest of my life, just because I won't want to do so.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.


** humming my own little tune at 6:48:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics