December 17, 2004
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding
Up my sleeve
Thank goodness it's winter break. I do love having long breaks. Summer is the best, no doubt, but Winter Break is fabulous, too. Our new New Zealand friends are amazed how long we get off for school in the summer. It's funny. I got a huge amount of candy today at school. Lots of my friends had huge bags full of individual bags of candy they just handed out to anyone they wanted. I didn't have things to give them back. I got some presents for my better friends, ones I thought about for a while, but no randomly handing out candy canes for me. But I do feel bad when I don't have something to give them back. Next year I plan to recycle gifts, and just give people the candy bags I've already gotten. Then, I won't be overloaded with hersey's kisses, and I don't feel bad about not having a gift to reply with. =)
They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines

Speaking of gifts, Em gave me Reading Lolita in Tehran and THINK. She had lovely enscriptions on the covers of each, which made me cry. I can't believe she's leaving next year. She got into Princeton earlier this week, so she was psyched. This reminds me of when the Nichols moved away all those years ago. They were excited, I think, until it actually happened. They don't admit it now, but it's true. My best friends seem to be drawn to the East Coast. Bummer. I will miss Emily so much. I think my emotional levels will peak next year, without Emily to watch out for me.

But something's better
On the other side

Our swim meet went very well yesterday. I was stoked. We beat Cherry Creek, who are favorites for state this year. By 100 points, or so. So it was fun, although both teams were playing games, not swimming their best swimmers in their best events. I even won backstroke (because Lahey and the 3 other Creek backstrokers happened to not swim it). But I was excited. We have the CO Invite tomorrow. I'm really excited for that. YEAH! I do love swim meets. And at this one there will be no emotionally unstable swimmers who need their resident zen master (me). We're all experienced, so I can relax. HAPPY HAPPY WINTER BREAK!
I wanna run through the halls of my high school
I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
Just a lie you've got to rise above


** humming my own little tune at 6:32:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics