January 03, 2005
In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
And speaks my name
And do I dream again?
For now I find
The phantom of the opera is there,
Inside my mind
Howdy howdy. I hope everyone had a lovely Chrischanakwanza. =) I sure did- got the Star Wars DVDs from the grandparents, which was great. My parents also gave me an iPod inscribed "May the Force be with you" on the back. My Dad was going to have "What would Yoda do?" engraved, but my mom wouldn't let him. =)Ahh well. I thought it was clever. All my relatives are great, they are very stereotypical, though. 14 year-old cousin who shuts herself in her room with the phone all the time, stuff like that. But it was fun. Our youngest cousins, Kojo and David are growing up so fast! Angie and I were automatically assigned as babysitters, which was a bummer, but I soon discovered that the 3 and 1 year olds were more entertaining than the old folks. Except for Chandler's (soon to be uncle, perhaps?) leprechaun imitation. It had be rolling on the ground for hours. =)

Margot and I saw "The Phantom of the Opera" over break. It was pretty good. I though Emmy Rossum did a fabulous job as Christine, whereas the Phantom and that other dude (who, as Margo pointed out, looked like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast when he turned back into a man) were okay. They should have been better. but that's okay. It's a very good story, the Phantom is. And the music gets stuck in your head for days, but it manages to not be annoying. Amazing. I don't know how Andrew Lloyd Webber managed it.

We also went skiing over break, which was great, as it always is. I'll have more on that tomorrow. And HAPPY NEW YEAR. I discovered why I haven't played Twister in such a long time on New Year's Eve. I'm horrible at it. I just don't know why- one would think my string-like properties would help me at that game. But maybe that's why I swim- because I can't stay balanced for long enough on ground.

We talked about those tsunami's today in school a lot. I was amazed at how many people knew so little. Most people complained that the huge death-toll numbers don't convey the terror, but those are huge numbers. They sure made an impact on me. What's it up to now- 150,000? that's terrible. I had a dream that my family got on a boat and went to help the people there. Perhaps I really should do that.....


** humming my own little tune at 7:09:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics