February 28, 2005
Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe
"And the Oscar for the best original screenplay goes to... Kristen."
"Thank you, thank you very very much. I really don't deserve this. It should have gone to my competitors- they are much more qualified than I. So thank you, Academy, for taking this little film and making it great. All the people I want to thank already know how incredibly important they were to this film. So, I would like to thank the people that really matter. Thanks to Mrs. Heinz for publishing my 1st grade poem entitled "After School", thanks to Jean for complimenting my first attempt at a novel when I was 12. Thank you to Emily for editing my
A Tale of Two Cities essay in 10th grade, telling me it was too "plotty". Thanks to Margo, for teaching me that the best work is written very late at night. Thanks to the Fairview High School swim team, who really provided me with all the lines of the movie, whether they recognize themselves or not, most of the swimmers are there. And the orchestra is playing. Goodnight y Gracias.

The Oscars were fun. I was worried that The Aviator would sweep everything, but it only did a mini-sweep. Phantom of the Opera didn't win anything, I don't think. But Emmy Rossum looked very nice. So did Johnny Depp, though, and Orlando. =) Phantom should have won something, I think. I bought the soundtrack today, just to make up for it. But I'm awfully glad that Finding Neverland won Best Original Score. It really was fantastic music. Hooray! Although it should have won more, too, but that's okay. There always has to be an underdog movie that stays an underdog. We were at Allie's house watching the awards. Everyone was told to bring some food to share, so my dinner last night consisted of a piece of pizza, and lots and lots of candy. It was delicious. =)

I'm awfully glad no one said "And I would like to thank my lawyers" this year.


** humming my own little tune at 4:35:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics