February 16, 2005
So go on, if this will make you happier
It got you this far, do what you have to
(Well you knew this would come)
And you're gone now
(And you've left me all alone)
And did it make you happier?
(And you're lost and long gone, don't take it so seriously)
It wasn't that hard
(Go on and get goin, I'm fine on my own)
Did what you had to
(We got you this far, finally got it figured out)

I think I'll have Margot copy her Guster CDs for me. I'm too cheap to buy them for myself. Guster isn't so fabulous I feel like spending $20 for them. Meh. I don't know what to do with myself now that swimming is over. It's very strange. I waste a lot of time doing nothing, and then am still behind on homework and such. Ahh well. I like having a break.

I went to see Salman Rushdie speak last night. He was at CU. It was really cool. Rushdie seems really smart. He says that literature isn't meant to be easy, and that he still likes Satanic Verses despite all the trouble it caused him. I'm going to read that book, as part of my new years resolution. Yeppers. Hearing Rushdie talk was more like being read to from a book than listening to a speech. I could definately tell that he was the author of Midnight's Children and Haron and the Sea of Stories. It was the same rambling style with important messages hidden. He talked about the 1,001 Arabian Nights influence, too. I want to read all 11 volumes of the Arabian Nights, now, too. That would be super cool. This reminds me of extra credit I must do for English. And I must write those silly journals. Rats. And I have a chemistry test AND a history test tomorrow. But it's a late start tomorrow, so I'm not fretting until later.

We're going on our annual ski-trip with our neighbors this weekend. ASPEN! I'm psyched. I haven't been to Aspen since I was a wee little thing. It should be great. They are getting fresh snow as I type. Hooray. Ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski =)


** humming my own little tune at 5:03:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics