April 12, 2005
I can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.
And I will stand by you, forever.
You can take my breath away.
We started reading The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea in English. The first chapter is good, which is as much as I've read. I read it on the bus ride home this afternoon, after staying at Late Night for the newspaper. It's amazing how many people don't do their work. Ryan interviewed me about working on the paper- I said that the most important thing that I learned was how important it was to do your work so no one else had to do your crap. Well, it turns out, most (or at least many) reporters still haven't learned that. So Wyatt and I spent many hours figuring out what to put in the empty spots on the news pages. My two stories and Orly's one story was all we had to fill up two 11 by 17 pages with. Hmmm. It was pretty interesting... and poor Wyatt, I ditched him at 5:15 because I was sick, and needed to go home. But, he is the editor-in-chief, afterall, he should manage just swell.

Hmmmmm. I tutored a kid from Zimbabwe today. He was very smart, but just needed someone to explain chemistry to him. So, I managed alright, although I got a little confused about spectrometeres. He forgave me though. Mr. Burns asked me if I ever thought about teaching- that made me happy. I think I would be a good teacher, I like it when people agree with me. I am having difficulties imagining doing the same job for 30-some-odd years. I can't do something for 6 months without getting bored, not to talk about 30 years! Holy smokes. We'll have to find something I really love, huh?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


** humming my own little tune at 6:57:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics