April 15, 2005
If I lift my head
From the bed of stars, the ocean wide
If I call your name out
Would you carry me on inside
If I close my eyes
Let me put my faith in the whole design
Could you raise your voice up
Feeling that hope
Together with mine
So, I had several run-ins with very interesting Boulder species today. This a is a log catolouging my observations and notes involving these species.
  1. The Amazing Ultra-speed Butterfly While riding my bike from school to swimming, I was blessed with the fabulous south-north wind that often whips through Boulder. I was cruising along Broadway on the Broadway Boogie Bike Path, with this fabulous tailwind, going, say, more than 15mph but less than 20. And suddenly, I look to my left, and there is this butterfly dogding along nicely next to me. And keeping up, too. I had no idea that butterflies went that fast. And, being my competitve self (and already being pasted by Mr. Berry that afternoon), I sped up, and the butterfly was still right next to me. AND THEN, it passed me. It zipped in front of me(nearly cutting me off, I tell you. He might have been fast, but he wasn't very good at steering).
  2. Philippe, the baby Squirell So, Philippe isn't quite as cool as the AUSB, but he's pretty cool. He's a baby squirrel, who I don't usually like, anyway, but Phillipe is very smart. Instead of dashing INTO my tire as I carefully ride past him sitting in the middle of the path, Philippe ran the OTHER direction. For your average squirrel, he was very smart, and cuter, too. =)
  3. Fairview Latin Geeks My very good friend denies at all costs that she isn't a Latin Geek, she just learns Latin. And happens to best all the real Latin Geeks in their own game. I say she's a Latin Geek. A little-league one, at that, but she still counts. They went to the Colorado Latin Convention this week, I could write a lot more about it, because I know everything about it because I wrote an article about it for the newspaper (which did finally come out, if you were wondering), but I'm not going to. But, those Latin Fiends certainly are characters, ain't they?
So, those are all the very interesting species I noted today. SIGHHHH. I have math tomorrow, again. That is rather unfortunate. Ah well. That's okay. Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. =)

** humming my own little tune at 10:22:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics