April 10, 2005
In the days of the caveman and mammoths and glaciers
Bugs and trees were your food then; no pajamas or doctors

And when I finally get to sleep, I dream in technicolor
I see creatures come back from the Ice Age
Alive and being fed inside a zoo cage
Solitaire is a great game. Really. It's so relaxing and mind bending and you're always thinking "well, what if I did this...". I have really old cards that have survived as a whole deck through mulitple swim seasons and swim meets and Meadowglen Relay bogs and airplane trips to both coasts and Mexico. Those are good cards. And they've played a huge number of solitaire games. So, stored in the fibers of of those orangy-brown flowered cards are fabulous games and laughs and smiles. It's soothing to deal those cards, the 7 of spades that got a little too wet one meet, the outlined suicidal king. But any cards will do, the action is what's really calming. You can play mindlessly, or you can plot and plan and figure strategy (which doesn't usually work anyway, because you can't cheat). And then when you're stuck, no big deal. They say you only have a 1 in 20 in winning solitaire, anyway. But when you win, then you're day is made. The click of cards on top of each other as you clear the playing board onto those top aces. The relief that you picked the right eight to put on that seven. And finally four neat piles king king king king. And don't get me started on playing double or triple or quadruple solitaire. Ahh, what fun. I think I'll make it a rule that all incoming Freshman on the swim team have to learn how to play. A good game of double solitaire before a race is good luck, I do believe.

** humming my own little tune at 3:17:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics