May 11, 2005
Oh, this lonely world is wasted
Pathetic eyes high alive
Blind to the tide that turns the sea
This storm it came up strong
It shook the trees
And blew away our fear
I couldn't even hear
Okay, so that wasn't the song I meant to lyricalize in the start of my post, I meant to write "Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera, but I guess REM felt like leading my post...interesting....

I love puddles. Granted, rain isn't fabulous, but I like it every once in a while. But puddles, man, I wish there were always puddles about. Puddles for splishing and splashing and parting like the Red Sea as you ride you bike through them and your front tire spits water droplets back at you. Worm-hunting, puddle stomping, the whistle sprayed water makes as it flies through the air. Puddles are awesome

Riding one's bike in the rain is kinda fun. I would prefer to ride in the sun, but the rain is nice ever once in a while. If I'm prepared. I rode home this afternoon and got SOAKED, it was unpleasant. Sopping jeans are never fun- they stick and cling to you like serranwrap. Helmet, too, have this annoying tendency to drip off the very point of the helmet. They'll get soaking wet and then drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip drip drip. Soon, I get hypnotized by that drip, drip, drip, and run into things. Although if you want to impress someone because they see you riding your bike in the rain, that helmet drip in a very good thing to remind them of the fact. =) The other terrible thing about riding in the rain, is that your brakes stop working. It's annoying, but true. So, my back brakes don't work anyway, which is very bad, and I should get that fixed. And I rode up the overpass over Foothills and my dripdripdrip helmet and my sticky jeans distracted me terribly, so I started going down without THINKING that of course neither my front or back brakes would work, and I knew very shortly I couldn't make the sharp turn. Not a chance in a million. So, I thought to myself very cleverly, I could try to make the turn and do an endo onto Foothills in almost rush-hour traffic, or I could run into the quickly approaching metal railing, and pray that I didn't flip over the railing and land 15 feet below in someone's lawn. So, I did the latter, and it worked fairly well, neither I nor my bike were damaged hugely. Although my left hip is bruised somewhat badly, and my knee hurts (but that's a common occurance. I could trip over my shoelaces and my knee would start to hurt). The worst, however, my left fingers are swollen and hurt. They were very cold, you see, and cold, smashed fingers don't heal very quickly. And it makes it hard to type. And instead of my knuckles hitting before the rest of my fingers do when I straighten them (that's what happens usually) the now-chubby middle parts clank together. It's unfortunate. I'm glad I'm right handed, though, and I am glad that I didn't die. Very much so.

OH, this is a long post, but I got cheesecake today. I was happy as a duck in May! Angie and I were walking up from locking our bikes in the back, and poor Mrs. Wickham was carrying 15 bags from her car to her office. She had stopped for her "break before making (her) way up the ramp". I asked if she needed help, and she was very grateful, and I got to carry her cheesecake and some lettuce, or something. Because it was all for the Salad Club;a bunch of women science teachers get together for lunch on Wednesdays and trade off who makes the salad. And we started talking about how much I loved cheesecake, and as she thanked me for helping her, she said I should drop by for some cheesecake. And I did, after much fretting, because I'm still not sure whether she was just being nice, or if she really wanted me to eat her extra cheesecake. But I did, and it was delicious. =)


** humming my own little tune at 5:30:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics