June 21, 2005
Now I was sitting waiting wishing
That you believed in superstitions
Then maybe you'd see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
And I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
And in loving somebody don't make them love you
My excursion to Maine and New England was just swell. And now it's hailing here. Hail is so weird. Does it hail is New England? I know that it gets really hot and really extremely excruciatingly humid, and I know that it snows and freezes and is nearly unbearable too. But does it hail? That is the true question of weather. I guess. =)

I liked Maine a lot. Jesse said that after she told them what colleges I visited they said "Oh, no, she's going to like the one in Maine." And I did. But I don't know why that warrents a "Oh no". Do you? Granted, Bowdoin isn't near as competitive as Amherst or Williams academically or swimming-wise, but it was so much more friendly and laid-back, and they have a much better and broader biology/ environmental studies program than either of the previous. Then again, the Division 1 ivy league Dartmouth who swim practically year-round aren't as good as either Amherst or Williams. Again, that is interesting.

It's a very very small world. Julia went to North Carolina with Liana and saw Jenny! I told her to keep an eye out for the Nichols, but I highly doubted she would actually see them. That's like those funny cliched foreigners in movies that say "Oh! You're from California! Do you know my cousin Villam Van Vochsnickle?" And of course the person they are talking to never knows their cousin, nor would they want to because Van Vochsnickle is a horrible last name. (no offense to anyone named as such)

Do you realize the density of trees in New Hampshire and Vermont? It is truly incredible. Anywhere with that many trees per square foot for more than a square mile should be praised and worshipped. I think. Maybe.

Meadows Sleep Over is tomorrow. I am psyched. Except that's a Fairview cheer and it's not acceptable at good ol' Meadows Club. No siree. I'm so excited! (I'm also excited to be captain next year. =)

I don't think there is anything of much more interest to say. Trevor and I were supposed to raft down the Boulder Creek today, but it was really overflooded. I knew it was- I rode my bike past the creek yesterday. So I hung out at Meadows and was KILLED in Hearts and Julia got her hairtie back. All in a day's...work?


** humming my own little tune at 7:27:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics