June 26, 2005
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from all of my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I
I just bought the new Coldplay CD. I'm excited. It's good. Goodgoodgood. My grandma is upstairs sleeping, though, and I think that I might wake her up with the level of sound that is coming out of the speakers...bummer.

GUESS what the headline of the New York Times Travel section was this morning. (and NO, that wasn't a good capitalization, it was a bad capitalization). It was "The Race to Alaska Before It Melts". Yess siree. Global Warming, my friends, is an undeniable fact. USA Today had a front-page story about it last week- all the scientists agree. Now, Mr. President, you HAVE to do something. It certainly isn't enough that this seventeen-year-old rides her bike everywhere (including four miles to buy my Coldplay CD) and that her parents own a hybrid. Nope, sorry, it's going to take a lot more than what I'm doing. It's going to take massive education of everyone (including the Fairview students who drive their cars 1/2 mile to school) and massive research. Alaska is melting. If the New York Times Travel Section says so- it's got to be true. And it is. Evidence piles upon more evidence which is already covering a lot of other evidence. Come on! You crazy administration. This is our planet we're talking about. This goes beyond taxes and "keeping the peace" and mansions- this is the future of your kids and their kids and their kids. This is the science-fiction disaster that everyone wrote about. It's not a normal earth cycle, nor is it planning on going away by itself. The warming of the earth is going to melt the glaciers, change this wildlife, raise the water, kill humans and beasts alike, affect everything that ever lived on this once-pristine planet. So, thank you, Mr. Timothy Egan, for writing about the beauty that is melting, I'm certain to visit it sooner rather than later. Then I'll get a degree in environmental science and wow the world by inventing a way to stop, or at least stall this disaster.


** humming my own little tune at 2:37:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics