July 31, 2005
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I could have stayed there for eternity- with the close-up shots of my friends and allies and comrades and their siblings flashing upon the screen, under the stars, at the place where I have literally grown up in. That club has been my home for longer than any other place (except my house). It has more fabulous memories and laughs and tears than anywhere else, too. I used to bawl when my coach gave their short schpeel about me, and I nearly did again tonight. I like to think I've grown out of my being-incredibly-touched by the somewhat-cheesy compliments people throw at me, but I haven't. The empty compliments thrown at me by parents and swimmers who didn't look at me during the entire season until I suddenly got award I can gracefully avoid without feeling too touched. But the speeches and the hugs and the words of wisdom start to get to me. And they really didn't say half of the things I've done for that team. NOt only did I have a parade of Meadows members cheering for me yesterday, I had Mesa Coaches and BCC and Louisville swimmers, even the infamous Elks had a few people on their side inconspicuously rooting me on. What do people have against Abby? Or what do people see in me? Where those tears in Amy's eyes as she ignored my dripping suit and gave me a huge hug? And how much of Mr. Albritton's bouncy "congrats" was his caffine-high? And did Jill really cry while talking about my 100? And what about the slide show made Julia, who I have never seen cry despite her comforting me countless times, tear-up and have silent tears stream down her face? Where those Mr. Mahoney's sniffles after his speech? No way have I grown out of people being proud of me. There is no better feeling in the world that the person you admire the most giving you a huge because you did something good.

That entire post made no sense. But it is nearly 12. And I'm emotional


** humming my own little tune at 11:48:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics