July 04, 2005
It's the perfect time of day
It's the last day of your life
Don't let it drift away
While your heart is still racing
It's the perfect time of day
Happy Fourth of July! Meadows, as always, was fabulous. Tug-o-war, which, after much thought, should be called war-of-tugs, actually, shouldn't it? Because you're not tugging because of war, but you're waring because of your tugs. That's right, I think. I officially got zero coins in the money toss, I had a dime, but someone kicked it out of my hand. I think that, too, is a first. It was a bundle of fun, though. I enjoyed myself immensley. And too top it all off- I was with the bestest friends in the world. =) And, of course, hamburgers and watermelon makes everything more enjoyable. So, again, I hope all of the country has a happy 4th as I do. =)

The Tour de France is on, we don't get OLN anymore, so the Irvin's are taping it for my biking-obessed family. Jinger made my day by saying she wanted Jan Ullrich to win. So do I. Is that very unAmerican? Probably. Sorry. I like Mr. Lance Armstrong, and I'm glad that he's done so fabulously and is so sucessful. But he is so sucessful. Can you imagine being second or third to him all the time? And he is so cocky and snotty- overcoming cancer of any kind is absolutely amazing, I don't want to down play what Lance has done- but shouldn't you have some sense of mortality from it? He isn't the king of the world. He has been beaten- but Americans only pay attention to the Tour because that is what our cycling hero does so well in. If we concentrated on the Giro de Italia or the Paris Rubeaux Lance would be a different story. So, yes, I'm rooting for Jan Ullrich. And Floyd Landis, too, because I still have a soft spot of Phonak and the rider-who-shall-not-be-named.


** humming my own little tune at 4:44:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics