July 29, 2005
Where are you and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness comes creeping on so haunting everytime
During the KBCO Select-a-set lunch, Ginger played a set of songs that the person wanted to be played at their funeral. Slightly morbid, no? But doesn't everyone picture their own demise- the romantic, heroic death followed by the faces at the funeral and what you will be remembered as. I guess that knowing what is playing in the background of your fantasy-funeral is understandable. ANYWAY- Jimmy Cliff's "I Can See Clearly Now" was one of the set's songs, and I thought that was an interesting choice. I'm not very good at being concise, am I? But one doesn't have concise thoughts, and trying to force everything into a nice little sentence ruins the point. In English in middle school they had us write a page, then cut it down to half a page, then a paragraph, then three sentences, then two, then one. It was painful, I must say. Not that I didn't adore my middle school classes, that particular exercise wasn't very good in my standards.

We had prelims yesterday. It was very exciting. Gah! I think I get more nervous and anxious about prelims and finals in summer league than I do about State. Although I was freaking out about that 100 free last February. Perhaps because I make a bigger difference in summer league than I do at State, amongst the Olympic-trialists and die-hard swimmers. But yesterday was great fun- I swam very hard, and somewhat fast, although no personal bests, but hopefully tomorrow I'll swim that fast. The best part of summer league is all the swimmers and coaches, by the time you're 17, you know most of them. So I got to talk to Mr. Albritton and Amy and Tiffany and Danny threatened to give me the plague. =) I enjoyed myself immensely- I may not be a favorite at Meadows (sure, people like me, but they'd rather spend time with Jordan) whereas the rest of the league knows me better than most other swimmers. So here's a shout-out to my competition as well as all my swimming friends (those categories overlap somewhat terribly =) ) Julia, Ellen, Ang, Steph, Bonnie, Abbie, and the other Abby, Jordan, Bec, Kelsey, Mackenzie, both Allies, Jenny, and Megan, Peter, Bryan (DQ! BS!), The Sherriers, Dan, Patrick, and Paul, Steven, Alisa, Bailey and Hailey, Gemma, and Maddie, and Steffi, (Lucy, you don't get on this list because YOU had to WORK), Katie, Chloe, Dara (even though you weren't there), Angela, Mackenzie, Ryan, Conner, Lance and Luke, Alex, Hannah, Taylor, and Taylor's brother, Kendall, and of course, Lisa, Dana, Ali, Allison, Maggie and Caroline. Alamaca ching...!
Well, finals is tomorrow, and I am as excited and as nervous as ever. I woke up this morning 45 minutes before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep and just sat there with a hole being dug into my stomach. I don't mind it while sitting here, but when I have nothing to do, I turn into a ball of nerves. Is this what Lainey feels like all the time? Doubt it. =)I'm also staying very hydrated today because I'm a good swimmer, but therefore, I have to pee every few minutes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


** humming my own little tune at 1:20:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics