August 22, 2005
You're out of the woods, You're out of the dark, You're out of the night.
Step into the sun, Step into the light.
Keep straight ahead for the most glorious place
On the Face of the Earth or the sky.
Hold onto your breath, Hold onto your heart, Hold onto your hope.
March up to the gate and bid it open
That song is from the Wizard of Oz, for your information, it's sung when Dorothy and the Tinman and the Scarecrow and the Lion and Toto are wandering out of the poppy field. In the movie and the play, Glinda, the witch of the North, makes it snow so the poppies close. In the book, though, mice help the scarecrow and tinman carry Dorthoy out of the flowers. I guess it's hard to have mice on stage, ain't it? =)

I ask so many questions. I'm like a freaking six year old- people always say how those little-kid questions get so annoying. Granted, mine aren't as fast-paced nor random (most of the time) as the classic six year olds. Why does your skin turn red if it's under pressure? Is it because of the light pollution that we can only see some of the Milky Way when we're way up in the mountains? What's charcoal made out of? Why do people care if that lacrosse team wore flip-flops to meet the president? How many missions to the moon have there been? How much oil do those drills on Kansas farms produce? Do the Rolling Stones still make more money than, say, Coldplay? See- I'm incorrigible. Okay, that certainly isn't the right word, but that's what Kurt says in The Sound of Music and Maria gives him the wrong definition, too. It means (I just looked it up)"impervious to correction by punishment". Fortunately, I know what impervious means. =)

For some reason I became slightly depressed after our swim party today. But I cured it- a good bike ride (even if it is really quite short it works. I love riding my bike) cures all depression, I think.

All people talk about anymore is college. Granted, I start many of these conversations, but it's true. Jesse has written me more emails recently than ever before, and every one of them is mostly about college. Of course, for Jesse college is exciting. She's getting recruited by Ivy League soccer coaches and gets phone calls about it. I, however, am getting form-letter emails from DIII swim schools. Not that that isn't cool- I'm excited. But I think college needs to take a break. Thanks.


** humming my own little tune at 7:04:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics