February 02, 2006
I'll know, I won't take a chance.
I know he'll be just what I need
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance.
Until then, I shall wait.
And till then, I'll be strong.
Oh, I'll know when my love comes along.
I signed my life away today. Not really truly, but I did sign a piece of paper that said I would model (model? Why would I ever model? But Carey was convinced) for Carey if she ever become a magazine editor. Summer and Fall campaigns actually. It was the strangest piece of paper I've ever signed. It would be absolutely insane if in 10 years, I get a call from Carey and she says she has my legally tied to modeling for her. I'd donate all my money to charity, that's what I'd do. She'd pay me huge sums of money because she'd be in charge of Vogue or Vanity Fair and I would give my money away. Every cent. And buy a huge portion of rain forest in Africa, or send 500 Nicaraguan girls to school, or give 1000 oxen to family across Asia. But model? How weird would that be?

Mrs. Brennan says I have a good speaking voice because I know how to use my diaphragm because I'm a swimmer. And, in fact, I did swim a fifty today without a breath. Zero. Zip-e-dee-do-da breaths. It was hard. But really, swimming without air is much more mental than it is lung-capacity. Of course, you do have to have a certain fitness and be used to swimming, but besides that, it's all mental. I doubt anyone has died from trying to swim a 25 or 50 or 75 without breathing. Although in You Shall Know Our Velocity this book I'm reading by Dave Eggers, Will, the MC, says (I'll paraphrase, as I'm much to lazy to walk up all 14 stairs to get my book. oh wait! It's in my backpack right next to me.) Will, the MC, says "We needed to get out of the water before we mistook it for a bed. I was sure that was how people drowned; not in a fight, not with thrashing but with thoughts of rest". Who knows. Will isn't a very happy man, I'm afraid, whereas I'm quite content. But then again, neither of us has talked to a drowned person.

My Champ hat was returned safely to me, thank goodness. I missed it. And Jinger hasn't written since October. Isn't that sad? Lost contacts. Makes me want to hug all my friends. Right now. And tell them that if, in fact, when we're 30 and they come across a picture of me, they should call me just to say "Too bad we didn't keep in touch". OR "You have to model for my magazine." =)


** humming my own little tune at 7:41:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics