March 13, 2006
But you don't need my pictures on your wall
You say you need no one
And you don't need my secret midnight call
I guess you need no one
Is anybody waiting at home for you
Cause it's time that will tell if it's heaven if it's hell or if it's
Anybody waiting at home for you
Cause it's time that will tell this tale

Yesterday was the Winter Sports Banquet, and although we already had our banquet, Hally and I went to say a few words about the swim team to the parents of the wrestlers, basketball players, and cheerleaders (who's defining season moment was they didn't "have as much drama this year". I swear- it's a direct quote.) So, all was well and good except Hally and I thought it was at 1:00 when, in reality it was at 2:00. Rats! But never fear, for the school was open, so we went to the senior balcony to watch TV. But, as one might have expected, at 1:00 on a Sunday, there is nothing good on TV. Nada. So we sat on those gross sofas for a few minutes, quite bored already with whatever infomercial was currently playing.

It was Hally's idea, really, to clean up Carey and Genny's locker. It didn't seem random then, but as I forget what conversation the plan came up in, it's quite random now. It wasn't very hard to open their locker, as the bottom half couldn't possibly close. It was just a matter of shaking it up and down a bit. And once we started, we couldn't have stopped- just shove everything back in. They would have noticed that, too, I think, and been much more suspicious. So we cleaned their locker. It only took twenty minutes, tops, but it was quite the adventure. I threw away all the newspaper they were suppose to deliver for community circulation. We stacked their binders and books (and I found the West Wing tape I had given Carey last semester) We folded their clothes (consisting of jeans, several shirts, dirty socks, and a nice jacket) and very un-neatly piled their shoes in. They probably had 10 pairs of shoes in that locker of theirs. Who has 10 pairs of shoes in their locker? I'm sure those hardley ever came out- most were crammed in the bottom section where things had starting composting. =)
It wasn't actually so terrible. We taped up the wrapping paper they had on the inside door, and put the Spiderman valentine Carey had made Genny on the door, too. (it's funny, because as she was making that valentine, Carey said that LAST year, Genny had just thrown her slaved-over valentine in the bottom of their locker. Deja vu?) I didn't tell them that it was us- even when they asked (though I was suprised I was on their suspect list. And Genny said "I don't think anyone likes us enough to do that for us" to which I almost blew my cover. But managed not to) But I'm terrible at keeping secrets, and when other people asked me if I did it, when I didn't have the excuse to go to class, I had to tell. Besides, the dofus grin on my face probably gave me away.

Hally found me after 7th and whispered in my ear "It didn't last long- that locker is a mess!" Which made me laugh. Of course it was. They're too _____ to be tidy. Which I like.

IV
she's the most beautiful girl in the world
or so they say
and when the flourcent lights
play across her temple
and she laughs at
the reflextion in the glass
the universe
is
brighter
and the sun grows
and inflates
and we're all covered in
magnificent
light


** humming my own little tune at 7:34:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics