March 20, 2006
Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?

I was really hoping for a snow day today. They were predicting 8-12 inches, and that would have gotten us a snow day. However, we only had about 3, so of course we had school. KBCO plays on my alarm at 6:09 in the morning (hit snooze and I wake up at 6:18, can lie in bed for 2 minutes, and I'm usually downstairs by 6:30) and I listened through all the commercials (KBCO plays way too many commercials) to see if school was cancelled. But no, the list of cancellations went from Aurora to Cherry Creek, skipping Boulder Valley altogether. Bummer. And it's not snowing now, so the chance of one tomorrow is slim. Freshman year, we had three snow days right before break. It was amazing.

We're interviewing the newspaper staff to come up with positions for next year. Sam, Phoebe and Grace all went today- some combination of the three will make up the editorial board for next year. They'll all be great, I think. It was kinda fun, though, to be on the other side of the table. I remember being so scared last year of that interview. But they all did a good job today.

I'm seeing Jesse in one week! Isn't that exciting! Yes, yes it is. AND I've had my iPod on the same shuffle rotation for 79 songs. The most I've ever done is 112 songs, and then I plugged it into my computer, so the shuffle was ruined. But this has been a good rotation so far- lots of good songs I don't play very often. That Pink Floyd song was on the radio, though, I don't have it. A lot of the lyrics I use are from the radio rather then my personal collection. oh! Song #80 is If I Only Had a Heart from Wizard of Oz

VI
The snow
in it's dance
of twistingturningwindingweaving
always made her dizzy
vertigo
spinningandspiralling
away from sense and sensibility
into the darkness
she knew lingered just below
her toes.
So far, though
there was always something at hand
to grab
an iced metal pole
a banister
a stranger
so she didn't plummet into
the infinitlyexpandingpast


Song #83: Give a Little Bit, by the Goo-Goo Dolls


** humming my own little tune at 4:55:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics