May 20, 2006
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and,
The light that you shine can be seen.
What's shakin' bacon? Long-time, no update. Kinda. I have written posts, I just haven't published them yet. Long story. Anyway--- I've had a lovely week. Yesterday my last AP test came and went. Biology. It was decent- the essay questions were a little strange, but I'll get over it. However, Meadows did start this week. Hooray! I love swimming! Outside! With 16 people in my lane! Trying to swim 200s! Hooray! Really, though, Meadows is fabulous. I also have this huge expectations before the season starts, and somehow they always are received and delivered. Yesterday, for example, neither El nor Angie were at practice, but Brian was, and he's a riot, as was Steph, who also cracks me up. And though Jilly wasn't there, nor Shane, and there were only 2 coaches for 60+ kids, the chaos adds to the charm. I love Meadows! Woot! (they re-did the deck, too, and got new lane ropes that don't shred your skin when you run into them. Hooray!)

I also started coaching this week, which I also love. If possible, Mesa practices are slightly more entertaining than Meadows, though at Meadows I'm the king, whereas Mesa I have no idea what's going on most of the time. Alas. But it's great. And I love Amy and Dan, they are truly amazing characters. I hope I'm like them when I grow up. The kids are really cute, too, and I'm learning their names fairly quickly. =) It's difficult, though, there's a lot of little kids. On Monday the 11+ come to practice. That'll be weird, because I know all of the 15-18s, and most of the 13-14s. *sigh* It's fun, though. We get in the water and swim around with the kids, some of who have no bloody idea how to swim. But that's okay. That's what I'm here for.

Yesterday was the IBall, the geek fest of a dance at Fairview. It was great. All the IB kids, (diploma and certificate) had a semi-formal dance with absolutely terrible dance music, and lots and lots of food. I made cupcakes- they were a hit. =) But it was quite enjoyable- I knew everyone there. And Shane is an amazing dancer! Goodness. I remember when he used to be shy. But Alan was there, and Kelsey, and Alex, and Eryn, and Sarah, and lots of other people. One or two extremely awkward shots (one involving Lily and Dan grinding. oh dear...) but the night was very enjoyable. Then Sarah and I went to Starbucks to get non-starbucks-related-products and met El, who was coming out of Jamba Juice. She's working these days. Woe is me. All my friends are making money. Well, I am too, but my hours are less intense then theirs. Hooray for summer!


** humming my own little tune at 9:04:00 AM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics