June 08, 2006
Train this chaos turn it into light,
I've gotta see you one last night,
Before the lions take their share,
Leave us in pieces, scattered everywhere,
So, graduation was really quite entertaining. I still stand by point of the throwing-of-the-cardboard-caps was the purest moment of joy I've had in a long time. Mr. Stensrud gave a speech about joy- and every time he said "joy" I thought of the person Joy, not of joy, the intangible feeling. Joy's going to Switzerland. That's a really long way away, and though I'm not great friends with her, or anything,it's her destination that makes me the most nostalagic. weird. She said she'd keep in touch- that we'd write snail-mail letters from California to the other side of the world. I hope we do. That would be neat.

This last weekend has been graduation-party galore! It was great. I went to 10 parties this weekend, and then one on Monday night and another on Tuesday, and then last night Sarah, Ang, and I had a bonfire that was pretty incredible. I almost fell asleep on Sarah's trampoline last night, but then we had to evacute because of the sprinklers. After the party Tuesday night, Sarah and I froliced in a park, and we lay in the field, and I rescued us from the sprinklers, then, too. I wouldn't have minded either night running in the sprinklers, but Sarah isn't as hydrophilic as I. Look at that use of biology terms =) And, last night, after we moved inside away from the sprinklers (this was long after the fire had burned out) Sarah had a half-awake/half-asleep dream about the Excal list. And I'm curious who got in, but I know that Gracie did, and that's exciting. Woot!

But, thanks to all these parties, my sleep-schedule is way off. I'm an early-to-bed-early-to-rise kinda gal- especially in the summer when swimming starts at 6:30. But now the parties are over, and Sarah is in Italy (I'm so jealous...) so I've only got Angie and El- and we don't do things late at night, so I'll get back on track. That's good. We have our first swim meet on Saturday! gah! I love Meadows! But I've been coaching as of late- which I also really like a lot lot lot, but it means I haven't been swimming as much as I should. But I get to hang out with stellar kids and Amy and Dan (both of whom are truly amazing. I love Amy and Dan.) Jesse and Gabrielle are pretty great, too, but I'm just meeting them. They aren't Amy, though, that's for sure. Of course, who is? =) It'll be a fun summer.

PS- That picture is of Maggie, Ellen, Angie, and mine amazing button. It's the best button EVER. It's giant, and has our faces on it. Who wouldn't want a button like that. That button is my pride and joy. =)


** humming my own little tune at 10:27:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics