June 30, 2006
Whenever you swim, please remember this the best
Keep your legs together when you swim butterfly
Hold your breath on your finish, tuck your chin to dive
And most importantly, please remember to streamline off the walls
That song is to the tune of "Kindergarten Wall" by John McCutcheon. I made up the lyrics, though, in a daydreamy state coming home from my hike today. We went to Brainard Lake and hiked to some lakes. It was quite entertaining. Beautiful weather, too. In Boulder today it's 92 degrees, which is much too hot for me, thank you very much.

Tomorrow is the Mesa vs. Meadows swim meet. As I am coaching for one team and swimming for the other, it'll be very interesting. We're kinda rivals, and the little kids aren't quite sure what to make of it. Mackenzie made me a shirt that says "Kristen is netsirk" which is a fabulous connection that no one will understand. But I will, so that's okay. I have to find some red shorts to wear. Green on top, red on the bottom, and perhaps a red bandana to tie it all off. I'll let you know how the meet goes. I'm swimming the 200, 100 and 100 backstroke. woot!

Angie, Ellen, Julia and I went to the Sand Dunes on Monday. Twas bundles and bundles of fun. I was quite impressed by the pure amount of sand. Sand Dunes!And that we could just walk where ever "curiosity took us" and get lost in the middle of this giant sand box. The first night there was a tornado south of us, we could see it, and the winds were really strong, but no one told us to be careful. =) We camped and ate pasta and s'mores and hot chocolate. I loved it. The sand farted, by the way. It's completely true- when you stepped on it at a cetain angle, it went "fhhhbbbt" It was great. I want to walk all the way across the Sand Dunes- wouldn't that be amazing? Unfortunately, there really isn't a road on the far side of them, so you'd have to walk across them, and then walk several more miles to a road. Hahaha, not fun.





** humming my own little tune at 2:39:00 PM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics