July 02, 2006
Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

I went to see The Devil Wears Prada yesterday with Ellen, Mags, Angie, Alexa, Mom, Ruth, Brenda and Sue. It was quite entertaining. Alexa had just seen it, and then as we were all leaving our house she hopped into the Prius and watched it again for the second time in 6 hours. funny. It wasn't THAT good. Actually, for most of the movie, I was just feeling really bad for Andy. But it turned out okay in the end, I guess, eh? It was very similar to The Princess Diaries if you ask me. Unfashionable girl meets high-minded, powerful woman (queen or editor-in-chief), who changes her into a style-conscious self-assertive person who almost losses all of her friends (and flirts with a handsome "popular" boy, while estranging her best friend who is also good friends (or brothers) with her previous love-interest) And then, in the end, she turns away from the "popular" crowd, keeps some of her fashion sense, and regains her lost friendships. In Princess she stays a princess, while in Prada she quits her job in a touching scene where she throws her sidekick into that famous Parisian fountain. whew! I enjoyed it, though.

Yesterday was the Mesa/Meadows meet, which was very entertaining. I was so nervous beforehand, though. It was one of those lie-in-bed for >hour with terrible butterflies in your stomach with nothing to think about except what could go wrong. And nothing, really, could have gone wrong, I was just worried . But, of course, once you get out of bed, and start doing things, rather than thinking about them, the butterflies go away. But the meet was great. I swam fabulously, kinda (2:09 in the 200, 1:04.2 in the back, 56.6 in the 100 free) and got to hang out with both teams, and most people seemed okay with the fact I was wearing green and red. Marc gave me a few evil stares, and after my 100 free informed me that I breathed off my turn. =) But they were really cute- several Mesa kids cheered for me during all my races. It made me smile. And Amy gave me advice on my stroke, which was great. Dan, though he wasn't in a great mood during the meet, was also very nice to me. They made me a poster! It was great. In the very beginning of the meet, though, before the medley relays had even started, I overheard Shane talking to someone- he said "I would never consider approaching a Mesa swimmer in their senior summer..." like it was a bad thing. That put me in a funny funk for several minutes, but then I had a posse of Mesa swimmers cheering for me, so that cheered me up. I'm very glad I swim for Meadows, but Mesa, I think, is the best place to coach.


** humming my own little tune at 11:00:00 AM

|

-+-+-+-
















Archives

Links
International Movie Database
Fairview High School
RADHOLE
Post Secret







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Kristen's Nifty Spiffy Blog
Daily Lyrics